Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Feel like $100.00

So another year and some reflection:  very blessed with the family I have.  The love they give me makes anything doable.

Maybe not in the best shape of my life, but feeling very strong, motivated and proud of the work I've done with the swimming.

Today marks exactly one month before the Open Water Fall Series at Saguaro.  This will be a great set up for the Vegas swim.  Need to hit the water with some quality distance and begin working out my feeding schedule for that distance and that pace.  I can go 8K without anything, but the last 2000 are definitely compromised without something in me beforehand.

Very excited for this year's race.  Still have an eye out for a kayak deal that fits our tight budget.  There are rental options, but I think adding a kayak workout for the fall will be great.  Being able to either swim alongside Taressa or simply take the boys out with me is something I definitely would value.

Swim tonight:

8000 yards straight

2 comments:

  1. You looking for a kayak for Slam the Dam? I have an extra one (with paddle and PFD) I can bring down for you. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's incredibly generous. I'm sure we'll be hooked up one way or another - we have a great rental store near us. I was just hoping I could put that thought out to the universe (ie, my wife and family) to get a kayak for my birthday yesterday. Had one last year and really enjoyed it.

    Again, thanks for the offer, I just don't want to burden you with the extra baggage.

    ReplyDelete