Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hot Tub! Gonna make me sweat-tah.

Previous night's temps were into the mid 80's.  Luckily, that means the outdoor pool was bearable even at 112 outside temp.  I hit the pool right around noon time. 

Work has been in a slow phase prior to our large seminar in Orlando next weekend.  Travel to Laguna Beach area on Tuesday, Monday with the family - hopefully a water park or something before the summer officially ends on the calendar.  We'll still have another 2 months of hot to very warm weather before it turns in to paradise around here.

The water was great - I swam 66 laps (converts to 3000 meters from yards) in :50 (under 1:42 / 100 meters)  which I really liked - very strong feeling (the first 500m was a bit of a warm up). 

Working on my feeding schedule a bit.  I know I can go 8km without anything, but the last mile is a chore.  I plan on going 3k - eat, another 3k eat and then finish.

Finished another 2km - this is 44 laps so I divided into 4 x 11 swims - descended the first, stroke drill on the 2nd (thought it was especially beneficial since I was fatigued), then finished the last 22 laps in with varied efforts so I could work on mentally engaging a faster pace combined with a more easy effort.

The total time for the 5KM was 1:30 - including rests and goggle fixes puts me at 1:48 / 100 meters. 

Noon Swim:

3000m - strong pace (1:42)
4 x 11 laps (500m)
1. descend
2. stroke drill
3. pace work
4. pace work / cool down

Total 5KM - 90 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment