Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Khaaaaaaan! : Damn it Jim, I'm a Swimmer Consultant, not a Blogger

Always try to expand the boy's cinema experience when a classic flashes upon a lazy weekend.  Star Trek - you know, the one with the ear bug.  Often find these movies not holding up to the original memories, but this was still decent.  I think the boys enjoyed it.  We caught bits of Avatar the night before.  Edited by me for the more mature items.

Swims have felt really good.  I feel in control in the water and the work that has been a bit mind-numbing on my catch and rotation of my left arm seems to be paying off.  I still fade back into old habits of too straight of a reach, then results in a weak side rotation and wide pull.  Not only is it inefficient, it actually tires me out at twice amount.

Saturday: 

1KM (18:30)  (1:49 / 100m)
2KM (34:20)  (1:42 / 100m)
3KM (53:00)  (1:46 / 100m)

Total: 6000 meters + some stroke work  - next time I'll do a full up and down this one... liked the increasing, then decreasing distances.  Made the 3km not seem like nearly 2 miles.

Sunday:  3 x 500 descend (7:40, 7:38, 7:24)  - not trying to kill any one of them, but control effort / speed ratio.

Monday:  Golf in the AM, Family Day!!

Tuesday: Travel / work in Mission Viejo, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment