Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sub 80 Days

Lagnua Beach on my Mind

Excited at the thought of having a special week on the beach with the loveliest lady I've ever known.  Taressa and I's birthdays will anchor a trip to Laguna Beach.  I know she will have to focus on the positives even being away from family.

Will be able to see Catalina from the plane - great inspiration for what I hope will be a next year swim.

Great doctor to visit so it will be a nice combination of work/play/relaxation and a chance to swim in the ocean.

Been poor at keeping up with all swims on this blog.  Creating that now 73 day plan to have speed and endurance for the SlamtheDam event in Vegas.  Will have a kayak in mid August and should be able to log at least a few weekend swims at Saguaro.  Sept 17 is the open water series.  I'll do the 4k that morning as a tune up for the big swim.

Last night (Tuesday):

2000yards warm up
2000m focused technique (at about 80%) 33:58 (1:42 pace / 1km)

Monday (Day off - recovery)

Sunday:

6000 yards straight (current was on) - (1:35) water was perfect.  Received a nice compliment from someone who recognized me when I was getting the boys ready to play in the water.

Saturday:

3 x 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment