Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You did What?!

Well that's one way to blast through the training doldrums. 

Flirted with the idea of AM practices for a long time.  Too long, in fact.  Set the alarm for 4am, but was up and thinking at 2... So... off to the gym I went.

Very quiet though I was surprised to see several cars on the road.  Convenience store employees?  Convenience store robbers?  Anyway, checked in by the cleaning staff at my awesome 24 hour Lifetime gym and made my way to the water.

Now they say the temp of the indoor pool is high 70's, but at that time of the day and with my body accustomed to a warm bed and a warm Taressa, it was a shock to get in.

Happy to complete a 5km swim in 1:30:32 - (1:48 / 100 m) (18:06 / 1km)

Still focusing on a slip of my left arm pull and a tendency to swim 'at the water' when I get a bit fatigued.  Focused on a strong 2 beat kick and that really helped keep my timing in line.

Overall a great way to get some yardage in and I really don't regret breaking up my sleep for it... yet.

AM Practice:

5KM straight - just a good old 100 laps

No comments:

Post a Comment